Once you’ve determined that you meet the qualifications for certification, the next step is to submit an application.
Please complete your application on-line, save it, and then print it out and sign with original signature and date. If you need help in completing the form while on-line, please call us.
When you fill out the application, you will be asked which of the three ABLES certifications you are applying for. Each certification requires a certain number of cases to be submitted for case review and Grand Rounds examination.
Your application package must contain the following enclosures, and applications without the required enclosures will not be processed:
- Proof of graduation from a recognized medical school
- If you graduated after 1991, documentation demonstrating successful completion of a recognized residency/fellowship program, including the name of the residency director and his or her contact information
- If you graduated before 1991 and did residency or preceptorship training, please provide proof of such training
- Copies of your current and valid state license(s) to practice and current DEA license to prescribe
- A check payable to ABLES for the initial application fee, as detailed in our Fees section.
Please mail your application package, signed in original signature, to the address on our home page.
If you chose to use FedEx, UPS, or another shipping service, please contact us for an alternative address. Call us if you’d like our assistance in determining the best and most cost-effective method of shipping, and please make a copy of the completed application for your files before you send it. If your application is incomplete, it will not be processed.